Salmon 2012

Salmon 2012

Friday, June 14, 2013

Dare to Compare and a Mission from God

So father's day has snuck right up on me.  I have to take care of some family stuff on Saturday with a party to celebrate a graduation and Sunday is all mine with good folks visiting my place for a cookout and some good old fashioned summer fun.  My slate is full.

However, if you are looking for something fun to do this Saturday and a chance at winning a Mystic Fly Rod you need to check out the Mystic Dare to Compare at Colton Bay Outfitters in Ann Arbor.  The guys are Mystic and Colton Bar are top shelf and what can be better than a little lunch, casting a rod, and getting signed up to win a Mystic Rod. 

In other news; I have written before about the time I spent in southwest Florida and how much I enjoyed it.  I plan to return one day, probably this year or early next, and I will be making a detour to the keys for bones.  It looks like Florida is protecting both bones and tarpon by listing them as catch and release species.  I can't wait to get back and do some catching and releasing. 

Finally, I don't know how this got by me (actually I do but I won't admit to it) but good friend of TCS Jason Tucker is undertaking a monumental-epic-legendary endeavor.  He is going to fish all the trout rivers in his home area or northwest lower Michigan.  You can read about it right here.  I like to think of this as Jason being on a Mission From God.  Its way more important than getting the band back together.


Its going to be a great weekend so enjoy it with your family and get out there for some fishing if time permits.  To all the dads out there, Happy Fathers Day!


Live Free, Fish Hard

No comments:

Post a Comment