Salmon 2012

Salmon 2012

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bellies Full Of Worms ... But It Was Fun

My theory is that the fish had bellies full of worms from all the rain and run off.  There was also plenty of snow around and that run off was making the water awfully cold.  I know I am full of excuses.  I could keep going if you like, but I won't. 


We had a great trout camp that included the usual good food, good company, and good fishing (note: I didn't say catching).  The camp also included the usual shenanigans that I won't go into detail about as said antics have prompted some complaining from readers in the past.  We got drunk.  Yeah, I did it.  

We fished the upper Manistee, the East Branch of the Au Sable, the North Branch of the Au Sable and the Holy Waters.  We managed one good trout on a streamer that came off and one good brookie on top.  It was all we could do and it wasn't for lack of trying. 



I have started the new issue and it should be a good one.  We will have contributions from the usual suspects as well as some new folks. 


Live Free, Fish Hard


1 comment:

  1. I must say that for fishing enjoyement you must need to have a good sorroundings where you can enjoy your activities. such kind of places always gives you a bad memories.
    Fishing in Dubai

    ReplyDelete