Salmon 2012

Salmon 2012

Monday, March 11, 2013

PC1F 2013 Mark It Down

I didn't make much of a showing at the MFFC Midwest Expo over the weekend.  I had planned to stay for a few hours at Jeff Johnson's Old Fisherman's Trail booth and hand out some mags.  However, I have been battling some recent illness that has left some fluid in my ear.  Needless to say, I just didn't last very long.  I did get to speak with some folks about a few different subjects and one of the most important was Wayne Snyder.   I found him over by the casting pond killing some time before his talk on Isle Royale that was scheduled for about 4 PM or so.  We talked about many things but one of the most important was the 2013 Paint Creek One Fly.  They even had a booth at this years Expo!

It is great to see how this event has grown over the years and we are happy to once again be a sponsor.  There are several great ways to enjoy the event, they have expanded the options for buying an extra fly, buying inches, adding special categories for organizations, adding music, and much more.  All in the name of raising money for a very worthy organization in Casting for Recovery. 

The first year we participated in this event was very hard fishing, we didn't catch one fish and I was very disappointed.  We publish a fly fishing magazine for Christ's sake and we couldn't catch one fish.  It has steadily gotten better for us as we have started to figure the creek out a little.  We have managed to score some points over the past couple of years while learning the preferred flies and lies of these weary fish. 

I especially like spending some serious fishing time with Chris Therssen and Joel Tomaszewski, the guys that help me put the mag together.  We always have a great time at this event and I encourage everybody else to join in and do the same.  Weather you are in it for the competition, the laughs, the camaraderie, fine tuning your paint creek trout skills, spending some quality time with your buddies, or just hanging out with a bunch of other fly fishing folks.  Mark your calendar for June 15th, 2013 and be there. 



Live Free, Fish Hard

No comments:

Post a Comment