Salmon 2012

Salmon 2012

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Figuring Out Graphics and Photos

As the TCS world turns .... we recently changed our layout software and it has caused some issues.  The problems with the last issue are well documented and I won't re-hash them here.  I recently received a note from one of our advertisers regarding the clarity of their ad.  I swooped into action as I hadn't seen the very final product yet to figure this out.  And much to my surprise I did.  So, moving forward photos and ads should be much crisper in appearance.  I also learned a handy trick for digital simulation of the printed product.  If you are planning on advertising with us try this handy trick before you submit your artwork.  Turn the file into a PDF, you can do this many ways but I use PDF lite, and blow up the view to 350%.  This will give you a good idea of what the artwork will look like printed.  If its pix-elated and fuzzy you need to go back to the drawing board.  We prefer our artwork in jpg as it is most compatible with our layout software.  We have advertising space and now that you know how to preview your artwork why not take advantage of the lowest fly fishing advertising rate in town.  Eighty four dollars gets your 1/4 page ad in six issues of The Cedar Sweeper. 

I mentioned in another post that Rob Thompson, The Third Year Fly Fisher, would be shooting over some DVD's to give away during the big Fly Fishing Film Tour show in South Lyon on April 22.  Rob has come through big and in return I am coming up with some swag and a subscription for his F3T showing down in Illinois.  However, I forgot to add the TYFF graphic to the ad on the back cover of the most recent issue.  Sorry Rob.

Here is a post from Jeff Vande Zande that pretty much says it all.  I hope Jeff will be part of TCS for a long time with his back page short fiction.  We get nothing but compliments for including Jeff's work in The Cedar Sweeper. 

Here is a post from Jason Tucker that is a little on the alarmist side but he makes a good point.  You had best be getting ready because it starts with steelhead and we will quickly find ourselves fishing to rising trout, bumping around in the night looking for Hex and gurgles, floating lakes in canoes and kayaks, and then it will be over before you know it.  Are you ready for Fly Fishing 2013?  I know I am. 

I will be dropping copies of the latest issue off at White River Fly Shop in Auburn Hills and Colton Bay Outfitters in Ann Arbor.  The idea here is to drop a few issues off, get you hooked (no pun intended), and then get your subscription so that you won't miss a single issue.


Live Free, Fish Hard 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment